Monday, October 10, 2005

Cherokee People

Did I mention that I'm part of the Cherokee tribe? My Uncle was very in tune to his heritage. My father's side of the family was here way before the white man came. Albeit, I am fairly educated about the conquest of the Americas. I know that my distant relatives are rolling in their graves when I say, "such is life".
Get over it people. We have a life to live. I would like to smoke the peace pipe and sit back and let the spirit world guide me.
What it comes down to ... "Don't take yourself too seriously." Do yourself some good and be wise. Your father learned from his mistakes and now you can carry on.
Ok, sorry for rambling.
Everyone is in the same canoe. Paddle or get the fuck out!

Comment: That was for the good friends of mine that said I wasn't an Indian because I didn't believe in a higher power. Peace my good friends.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shininggoober said...

I agree to paddle or get the fuck out. Why do people keep taking advantage of the fact that their ancestors were "put upon". There's no "Miss White Okmulgee" pageant to compare with the Miss Black Okmulgee pageant.. No White Universities.. it goes on and on, the advantages that "minorities" have.. Indian commodities.. jees.. why take advantage? Why not have enough pride to not use the system and hold out your hand and be lazy. I think that caucasions are quickly becoming a minority in America.

Sunday, October 16, 2005 4:39:00 AM  
Blogger Rusko Elvenwood said...

good points donna. Thanks for your comments.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 9:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home