Sunday, October 09, 2005

The State Fair

I wandered around at our State Fair yesterday. Mainly, I looked at the exhibits and commercial booths. It wasn't too surprising to see two or three booths that were spreading the word of god. I got blind sided by one older lady who noticed my black harley t-shirt from the hog rally in Florida.
She said, "Hey is that Florida on your shirt?"
I was glad to stop and let her look at the back of my shirt, "Yea, it's from a biker gathering."
I thought we were wrapping up our short cordial conversation when she shoved a smiley face sticker my way and asked, "Are you absolutely sure that you're going to heaven?"
I said, "No, I'm not too sure about that."
"Well, you don't want to go to hell do ya?"
That's when I decided to walk away. I simply said, "There is no hell."
I'm sure she was still talking to me as I walked away, but I didn't feel like disturbing her little world with my beliefs (or lack thereof). My wife didn't notice my hijacking and had kept wandering into the sea of people.
Anyway, I was wondering if next year they would allow me to set up a booth that tried to convince people that there is no god. I would very much doubt that the fair officials would allow that. I would hand out those little darwin fish stickers. And ask people "Are you absolutely sure that you're going to heaven?"

3 Comments:

Blogger Holly Woodard said...

If they didn't let you, that's grounds for a lawsuit right there! I'd sure donate a few sacred nickels to that legal fund!

Sunday, October 09, 2005 7:34:00 PM  
Blogger Shininggoober said...

Actually, I did notice your "hijacking from about 6 feet away. You were very patient and very firm. God love ya! LOL Your D

Sunday, October 09, 2005 9:18:00 PM  
Blogger Rusko Elvenwood said...

LOL Donna. And thanks for the nickle pledge dnpwwo. Maybe I'll lobby for a booth next year :)

Sunday, October 09, 2005 10:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home