Sunday, March 12, 2006

Ramblings Part II

Well its not that I’ve run out of things to blog about, its that I can’t figure out what is the most interesting or important. Here are some of the topics that I’m psyched about.

Mars - Our newest efforts to explore Mars has entered into orbit around the red planet. I’m anxious to see the hi-resolution pictures start streaming in. I was fantasizing about the day that humans inhabit Mars. When we send video messages by radio frequencies from Mars to Earth, there will be a delay of over 4 minutes. (48 million miles / 186000 miles per second) But if we had a powerful telescope that could watch the person making the video message, the image from the telescope would appear simultaneous to the message.

Turkey Shoot – Last week was the last week for my pool league. Today is a tournament where the top shooters from each team compete for prize money and fun. I happened to win more games than my team mates, so I get the honor in participating in the Turkey Shoot. I spent some time practicing yesterday and it went well, but it’s different when the pressure is on. Wish me luck.

Primary Mayoral – I voted on the 7th in the local primaries for mayor of Tulsa. It turns out that my candidate for mayor and city council lost. Does this mean I get to complain when things don’t go my way? I’ve always heard that if you don’t vote you can’t complain.

Las Vegas – On Tuesday this week I’m off to Las Vegas for the NSCA Expo. I will be attending courses in WiFi networks, VLAN fundamentals, Programming for the Human Interface, and a couple of business related seminars. I don’t plan on gambling too much, but it will be cheaper to plug a nickel machine and get the free drinks than to buy the drinks at the bar. The last time I was there I spent $12 for two Coronas. I plan on taking the laptop and keeping up the blog while there, if I can get Internet access in the hotel.

There are other topics in the news and in my life, but most of the topics in the news have been well covered by Stardust and others. The happenings in my life are pretty boring by comparison.

5 Comments:

Blogger vjack said...

When looking for a topic, just wait a day or two. The odds of some Christian extremist doing something stupid are so great that it is bound to happen, providing you with a great topic.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 4:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget to bring your grandson home a souvenier from Vegas.!

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 1:14:00 PM  
Blogger Stardust said...

I'm sorry I am such a "news hog." That will change when I go back to work on March 22. BOO HISS! My blogging will be "curtailed" somewhat. But I'm not going away! My blogs are here to stay...at least till I get bored with them.

Have you looked at "God is 4 Suckers" recently? That got pretty wild with the last "feeding of the lions." LOL! 150 comments already for one post! I managed to become a "feature" again on the blog they were bashing and I didn't even say much. I guess the content of what I say hits a nerve or something. Oh well...they shouldn't troll atheist blogs if they can't take it in return!

Hope you have a great time in Vegas!

Thursday, March 16, 2006 4:25:00 PM  
Blogger Shininggoober said...

You voted ... you get to bitch. 'nuff said.

Saturday, March 18, 2006 2:06:00 AM  
Blogger Rusko Elvenwood said...

There were a few blog worthy stories in the news while I was in Vegas, unfortunately internet access wasn't available in the hotel I stayed at. I'll see if I can get caught up now that I'm back home.
Yes I remembered to get Riley a little outfit.

Thanks for your comments!

Sunday, March 19, 2006 12:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home