Thursday, January 05, 2006

What A Dumbass

Here's another example of religion getting stupidly involved in politics. Today Pat Robertson suggested that the prime minister of Israel, Ariel Sharon, brought his stroke on himself by making god angry. What a stupid thing to say. I know people who truely believe that their physical illnesses are caused by guilt from sin. This is exactly how religion can be dangerous. When medical problems are ignored or simply prayed about, the condition can become gravely severe. Even if I were a religious person, I would believe that god gave us medical science for a reason.

The justification for Pat Robertson's statements came from the old testament - something to do about dividing god's land. I thought that the christian dogma states that the old testament's laws were nullified by the resurrection of the christ. If we still lived by the laws in the old testament it would be a very scary world. Read this.

Anyway this holier-than-thou jesus pimp named Robertson has seriously embarrassed himself in my eyes. He sells religion and makes a real good living doing it, so I suggest he stick with that and stay out of politics. Anyone who watches his 700club television show will soon realize what a fanatical kook this guy really is, and anyone who buys into it is worse because it indicates a weak mind and a low self-esteem.

Here's today's links.
The Anti-Pat Robertson/Christian Coalition Site (Pat's REAL agenda is scary!)
Humanist Association of Tulsa (The official site)
Positive Athiesm (Checkout the extensive list of quotes)
The Complete Bushisms (Comprehensive collection of stupid things our president has said)

My favorite 'Bushism' from the above website:

"Neither in French nor in English nor in Mexican." - George W. Bush Declining to answer reporters' questions at the Summit of the Americas, Quebec City, Canada, April 21, 2001

3 Comments:

Blogger JDHURF said...

Yeah I heard about this, Robertson is at the top of my shit-list. He is a failure as a human being, to say something like he did in the dire circumstances that he did proves that there truly is no such thing as “Christian morality”.
I read your post on my blog about not wanting to come right out and claim atheism, I can completely relate and I do the same with secular humanism. Furthermore atheism doesn’t seem to actually stand for anything specific as humanism does, humanism seems to be much more affirmative and I really like and agree with it. You should check out www.atheists.com sometime it’s an atheist forum and it is awesome. I just joined like a month ago and I really like it, finally a place to talk to like minded individuals!!

Thursday, January 05, 2006 10:58:00 PM  
Blogger Ellie Finlay said...

Bush is such a twit. "Mexican" my eye. He's an embarrassment beyond belief.

I'm glad to hear you make the point that the New Testament is supposed to supercede the Old Testament law in Christianity. But they're not really interested in any form of Christianity that has to do with what Jesus actually talk. What they want is control - over others.

Thanks for stopping by Child of Illusion. I like your blog. I'll bookmark it and come back!

Sunday, January 08, 2006 11:48:00 AM  
Blogger Rusko Elvenwood said...

Thanks for visiting my blog ellie and jdhurf.

I think Pat Robertson and GW should both butt out of politics. They are both an embarassment to the American standards of democracy.

Sunday, January 08, 2006 10:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home