Sunday, January 01, 2006

Ringing in the New Year

Happy New Year to all. This is day one of your new resolutions to lose weight, quit smoking, start excersizing, or whatever honorable endeaver you have chosen. Most new year resolutions are given up within the first month. Therefore, I have chosen not to make a resolution.

However, I do intend to post more often, and to be more open about my personal philosophies. Until just recently I have felt guilty about being godless and existential. I now realise that I'm not alone and I'm not a bad person. There is a local organisation of humanists that I intend to join for fellowship and enlightenment. The Humanist Association of Tulsa is affiliated with the American Humanists Assocation and The Council for Secular Humanism.

As defined by the AHA, "Humanism is a progressive lifestance that, without supernaturalism, affirms our ability and responsibility to lead ethical lives of personal fulfillment that aspire to the greater good of humanity".

So my new year reasolution is to learn more about the responsible secular societies and be more active in their support.

2 Comments:

Blogger JDHURF said...

Wow, I am glad I stumbled across this blog. I am a secular humanist that lives in Tulsa and I had no idea that we had a group here! I am going to check into that immediately!!

Sunday, January 01, 2006 10:03:00 PM  
Blogger Rusko Elvenwood said...

Hehe, I'm glad too. I hope to see you at one of the meetings.

Monday, January 02, 2006 11:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home